When I'm Gone: Practical Notes For Those You Leave Behind by Kathleen Fraser
Preparation for loved ones for when you are just not there.
All too often, parents, mates or other family members die or go away suddenly without leaving important banking information, house and car maintenance records, PIN numbers, the location of keys, codes, phone numbers, addresses and so much more. Everyone wants to be more methodical in keeping such records and instructions, and Kathleen Fraser provides the guidebook to make it easy for those left behind.
Elegantly designed and tastefully illustrated, When I'm Gone is a practical fill-in record book and resource manual to help loved ones better handle all the little details of life when someone dies or is away for extended periods because of debilitating illness or other reasons. This book provides a place to give instructions not only concerning wills, funeral arrangements, insurance, lawyers and last wishes, but also about all the day-to-day details of the household.
This book includes useful information and space to write in notes on:
- Key contacts and the location of important documents, including wills and powers of attorney
- Medical care and advance medical directives (living wills)
- Setting up trusts and choosing guardians for children and other dependents
- Care of pets
- Finances and property
- Maintenance of homes and vehicles
- Access to and operation of computers
- Instructions for favorite belongings, from family heirlooms to the old set of golf clubs.
This is the practical guide to the essential data that anyone left behind, including any executor of a new estate, would love to find in a handy place.