Put a little power into your meal with this delicious salad. This easy plant-based protein salad is crunchy and tangy — the sauerkraut packs a flavorful punch! Although our salad recipe is vegan, you can top it with grilled wild fish or organic chicken. Customize this healthy salad with your favorite toppings — we recommend red onion, black olives, kelp granules, or sunflower sprouts!
- 4 overflowing cups greens of your choice (like spinach or kale)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½– 1 cup raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut – look for the kind made and packed with water, not vinegar
- 1 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 handful of your favorite raw nuts
- ½ sliced avocado
- Olive oil, to taste
- Apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Optional add-ins: chopped red onion, black olives, kelp granules, sea salt, sunflower sprouts
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!